Those bringing tour groups should be aware of some general guidelines. This greenhouse is used for both teaching and research, thus we recommend not touching plants (unless told that it is safe). Under no circumstances should any plant parts (such as fruits) be eaten. Systemic insecticides are sometimes used that are inside all plant parts, and thus are potentially toxic. Some plants are part of research projects and others are spiny or poisonous, thus they should not be touched. Wet floors, hard bench and floor surfaces can be hazardous if one falls.
To schedule a tour, please contact:
Assistant Greenhouse Manager