Research Professor. Plant Ecology and Evolution
I am broadly interested in plant ecology and evolution. I investigate a wide range of questions in ecology & evolution, using both model and non-model plants as study organisms. Much of my focus centers around mating system theory, adaptive responses to climate change and ecological genetics.
Visit my laboratory website to learn more.
M.S. 2007, East Carolina University
Ph.D. 2012, University of CA, Irvine
- Etterson J, S Franks, S Mazer, R Shaw, N Soper Gorden, H Schneider, J Weber, K Winkler, A Weis. Project Baseline: An unprecedented resource to study plant evolution across space and time. Accepted: American Journal of Botany.
- Brown J, J Weber, D Alvarado-Serrano, MJ Hickerson, et al. 2015. Predicting the genetic consequences of future climate change: the power of coupling spatial demography, the coalescent and historical landscape changes. Accepted: American Journal of Botany.
- Weber J, L Vary, C Berg*, B Ansaldi, et al. 2015. How evolution occurs in a population: The pollination game. Accepted: American Biology Teacher.
- Franks S, B Perez-Sweeney, M Strahl, A Nwogrodzki, J Weber, R Lalchan, K Jordan, A Litt. 2015. Variation in the flowering time orthologs BrFLC and BrSOC1 in a natural population of Brassica rapa. PeerJ 3:e1339.
- Weller S, A Sakai, T Gray*, J Weber, et al. 2015. Variation in heterostylous breeding systems in neighboring populations of Oxalis alpina (Oxalidaceae). Accepted: Plant Biology. DOI: 10.1111/plb.12340
- Weller S, A Sakai, C Lucas*, J Weber, et al. 2015. Genetic basis of tristyly in tetraploid populations of Oxalis alpina (Oxalidaceae). Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society: 179(2): 308-318.
- Franks S, J Weber, S Aitken 2014. Evolutionary and plastic responses to climate change in terrestrial plant populations. Evolutionary Applications: 7(1): 123-139.
- Weber J, S Weller, A Sakai, O Tsyusko, et al. 2013. The role of inbreeding depression in the evolution of heterostyly. Evolution: 67(8): 2309-2322.
- Weber J, S Weller, A Sakai, LQ Nguyen*, et al. 2013. Breeding system evolution in Oxalis alpina: Asymmetrical expression of tristylous incompatibility. International Journal of Plant Sciences 174(2): 179-188.
- Weber J and C Goodwillie 2013. Variation in floral longevity in the genus Leptosiphon: Mating system consequences. Plant Biology 15(1): 220-225.
- Weber J, S Weller, A Sakai, A Nguyen*, et al. 2012. Purging of inbreeding depression within a population of Oxalis alpina (Oxalidaceae). American Journal of Botany 95(5): 923-932.