Howard G. Applegate
In Botany at SIU from 1960 to 1962
Ph.D. 1956 Michigan State University
- Applegate, H. G. 1957a. Effect of foliar application of substituted benzoic acids on leaf development Zinnia elegans. New Phytologist 56:301-304.
- Applegate, H. G. 1957b. Polarity and gibberellic acid in intact plants. Botanical Gazette 119:76-78.
- Applegate, H. G. 1958. Photoperiod and temperature effects on gibberellin-sprayed plants. Botanical Gazette 120:39-43.
- Applegate, H. G. 1962. The effects of halogenated benzoic acids on Elodea densa. Nature 196:1117.
- Applegate, H. G., and D. F. Adams. 1960a. Effect of atmospheric fluoride on respiration of bush beans. Botanical Gazette 12:223-227.
- Applegate, H. G., and D. F. Adams. 1960b. "Invisible injury" of bush beans by atmospheric and aqueous fluorides. International Journal of Air Pollution 3:231-248.
- Applegate, H. G., D. F. Adams, and R. C. Carriker. 1960. Effect of aqueous fluoride solutions on respiration of intact bush bean seedlings. I. Inhibition and stimulation of oxygen uptake. American Journal of Botany 47:339-345.
- Applegate, H. G., and L. C. Durrant. 1969. Synergistic action of ozone sulfur dioxide on peanuts. Environmental Science and Techology 3:759.
- Bohlen, J., and H. G. Applegate. 1962. The effects of injecting 2,3,5,-triiodobenzoic acid into Kalanchoe daigremontiana. New Phytologist 61:132-137.
- Brueske, C. H., and H. G. Applegate. 1962. The effects of halogenated benzoic acids on protoplasmic streaming in Elodea. Phyton. B. Aires 18:27.
- Brueske, C. H., and H. G. Applegate. 1966. The roles of adenosine triphosphate and glutathione in the inhibition of cyclosis by p-chlorobenzoic acid in Elodea densa. New Phytologist 65:44-49.