In SIUC Plant Biology from 1983 to 2011
Dr. Bozzola's interests include electron microscopy, cytology, and microbiology. He was involved in many projects studying both biotic and abiotic materials. The following citation is to his highly regarded textbook on electron microscopy:
- Bozzola, J.J. and L.D. Russell. 1999. Electron Microscopy: Principles and Techniques for Biologists, 2nd. Ed. Jones and Bartlett Publishers (Boston) 670 pp, 810 illustrations. ISBN number 0-7637-0192-0.
- Ph.D. 1975, Botany, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- M.S. 1970, Botany, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- B.S. 1968, Botany/Biology, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- 1998-2011. Director, Integrated Microscopy and Graphics Expertise (IMAGE) Center. SIU, Carbondale.
- 1992. Professor, Plant Biology Department. SIU, Carbondale
- 1984. Associate Professor, Plant Biology Department. SIU, Carbondale.
- 1983. Director, Center for Electron Microscopy, SIU, Carbondale.
- 1978-83. Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The Medical College of PA, Philadelphia.
- 1976-78. Instructor, Department of Microbiology, The Medical College of Pennsylvania and Hospital, Philadelphia.